BattleCityGym – Tournament Central
2018 VGC Midseason Showdown (Winter Series)
Saturday, Jan 13th – NY Midseason Showdown
Registration begins at 10:00am.
Entry Fee :
$25.00 On-site Registration begins 10:00am
Standard Format: Double Battle (Best of 3)
Prizes & Championship Points
1st : 50 CP
2nd : 40 CP
3rd – 4th : 32 CP
5th – 8th : 25 CP – Kicker 24
9th -16th : 20 CP – Kicker 48
17th – 32nd : 16 CP – Kicker 100
33rd – 64th : 13 CP – Kicker 200
Prizes for the top players in each division based on division attendance.
Standard Format: Double Battle
Only Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon Game Cards or downloadable versions are permitted for use.
** Pokemon **
Players may use Pokémon with the following National Pokédex numbers, provided they are caught or hatched in the game, or received at an official event or distribution.
o #001 – #149
o #152 – #248
o #252 – #381
o #387 – #482
o #485 – #486
o #495 – #642
o #650 – #715
o #722 – #788
o #793 – #799
o #803 – #806
▪ Ash-Greninja is prohibited from use.
* A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number.
* Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through normal gameplay or from an official Pokémon event or promotion.
* Pokémon may have Hidden Abilities.
* Pokémon may use Z-Moves.
* Pokémon must have the black clover on their summary screen.
* Pokémon above and below Level 50 are permitted, but will be auto-leveled to Level 50 during battle.
** Items **
* Each Pokémon may hold an item, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item.
* Players may only use items that can be obtained through regular gameplay (including the Pokémon Global Link and related functions of games released by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo) or that have been awarded as part of a distribution or special event.
* Mega Stones are permitted for use
** Game Versions **
Only legitimate versions of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon can be used in Play! Pokémon tournaments. This includes Game Cards and downloadable versions of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon.
** Game Systems **
Players may use any system in the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems during the competition. This includes the Nintendo 3DS™, Nintendo 3DS XL™, and Nintendo 2DS™. Players are responsible for bringing a charger that is compatible with their system.
** Team Restrictions **
Players may only use Pokémon that are legal for the tournament format. Players are responsible for ensuring that their team adheres to any restrictions set forth by the tournament format and this document.
NY Premier Tournament Organizer